Alignbooks.com is a property of Escape System Consultants Private Limited, an Indian Company registered under the Companies Act, 2013 having its registered office at 1, R.N. Mukherjee Road, Suite No. 53, Kolkata – 700001.
Information we collect
We might collect your name, email, mobile number, phone number, street, city, state, pincode, country and ip address.
Purpose of Data Processing.
For example, we use your information where we need the Personal Information to perform the contract with you (for example, to provide the Platform or our services to you) so as to:
- Register you on our Platform.
- Provide you with customer or technical support including addressing support queries related to, but not limited to, payment processing, or to diagnose any problems with our servers etc.
- Send you transactional emails/SMS or to provide you with information, direct marketing, online and offline advertising and other materials regarding products, services and other offers from time to time in connection with the AlignBooks Service or its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies ("Platform Entities") and its joint ventures.
- Determine your geographic location, to provide you localized content including advertisements, personalized recommendations, allow you to continue watching/using previous content at another time, and to determine your Internet service provider to troubleshoot a technical issue, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests.
- To provide you with a personalized service and experience; we do this by linking some or all of your Personal Information such as transactions done with AlignBooks with your activity on our Platform across all your devices and associating and storing this information with a unique platform generated identifier that is generated for each user (guest as well as registered user). When a guest user subsequently registers and creates an account, the information and data relating to such user's past activities gets added to and associated to the registered account.
- In other contexts, if the processing of your Personal Information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, we use your Personal Information where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, We might collect your current location data after set amount of time for maintaining user/salesman daily visit data more efficiently and this process only works when user starts the "TRACKING" from the mobile application dashboard and stops when they stops "TRACKING" from the mobile application dashboard).
- Research, analyze and understand our audience to improve our service (including our user interface experiences and security features); evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services and market such products or services to you; to perform analytics and conduct customer research, including general market research or surveying our customers' needs and opinions on specific issues, generating sales and traffic patterns, and to analyze advertising effectiveness, both on an anonymous basis (e.g., by aggregating data) or on an individual basis (if legally permissible), in combination with other information collected from tracking technologies and aggregate it with information collected from other Users using our Platform, to attempt to provide you with the Services and a better experience on the Platform. For example, one of the ways we use this information is to count the number of times an advert or other content is viewed because this might be the metric by which our advertisers pay us. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features such as Game play events on the Platform, providing you with relevant gameplay experience, determine and declaring winners and providing you with prizes.
- Analyze and measure how effective our advertising is by determining which media sources should be paid for delivering a desired action e.g. users who install our application or subscribe (also known as 'attribution'), so that we pay for demonstrated value and don't overspend.
We will use your Personal Information with your explicit consent as follows:
- When you agree to share your precise location based on GPS data, we will combine this information with other information that you provide to us on the AlignBooks Service to provide personalized information & analysis with better accuracy basis your geographic location e.g. you may see more regional content recommendations or advertisements for local establishments, marking attendance for staff that is working on field when you share your precise location based on GPS data.
- When you agree to share information pertaining to the applications frequently used by you on your device, we will combine this information with other information that you provide to us on the AlignBooks Service.
Or otherwise whenever the law requires us to get your permission or where we have stated we may seek your permission in this Privacy Notice. In some contexts, we use your Personal Information where we have a legal obligation to do so or to protect your vital interests or those of another person:
- Prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility).
- Confirming your identity if you are exercising legal rights.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us/our distributor.
When you access or use the Services or send any data, query, request or communication to us via our Support email, you understand that you are communicating with us electronically, and that we may respond via electronic means from us, such as by email.
Payment and billing information.
We might collect your billing name, billing address and payment method when you buy a subscription. We NEVER collect your credit card number or credit card expiry date or other details pertaining to your credit card on our website. Credit card information will be obtained and processed by our online payment partner payment gateway.
Information you post.
We collect information you post in a public space on our website or on a third-party social media site belonging to Alignbooks.com.
We may collect demographic information about you, events you like, events you intend to participate in, tickets you buy, or any other information provided by your during the use of our website. We might collect this as a part of a survey also.
If you use our website, we may collect information about your IP address and the browser you're using. We might look at what site you came from, duration of time spent on our website, pages accessed or what site you visit when you leave us. We might also collect the type of mobile device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running.
We collect information in different ways.
We collect information directly from you.
We collect information directly from you when you register for a trial or buy subscription. We also collect information if you post a comment on our websites or ask us a question through phone or email.
We collect information from you passively.
We use tracking tools like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, browser cookies and web beacons for collecting information about your usage of our website. We get information about you from third parties. For example, if you use an integrated social media feature on our websites. The third-party social media site will give us certain information about you. This could include your name and email address.
Use of your personal information
We use information to contact you:
We might use the information you provide to contact you for confirmation of a purchase on our website or for other promotional purposes.
We use information to respond to your requests or questions.
We might use your information to confirm your registration for an event or contest.
We use information to improve our products and services.
We might use your information to customize your experience with us. This could include displaying content based upon your preferences.
We use information to look at site trends and customer interests.
We may use your information to make our website and products better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
We use information for security purposes.
We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
We use information for marketing purposes.
We might send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products. These might be our own offers or products, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. Or, for example, if you buy subscription from us we'll enroll you in our newsletter.
We use information to send you transactional communications. We might send you emails or SMS about your account or a subscription purchase.
We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
Sharing of information with third-parties
We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf.
We share information with vendors who help us manage our online registration process or payment processors or transactional message processors. Some vendors may be located outside of India.
We will share information with the event organizers.
We share your information with event organizers and other parties responsible for fulfilling the purchase obligation. The event organizers and other parties may use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies.
We will share information with our business partners.
This includes a third party who provide or sponsor an event, or who operates a venue where we hold events. Our partners use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies.
We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves.
We will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business.
For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy.
We will tell you before we do this.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails.
To stop receiving our promotional emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take about ten days to process your request. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still be sending you transactional messages through email and SMS about your purchases.
Third party sites
To provide Community and Feedback
We provide discussion forums, blogs and other community–oriented features that enable forum members to communicate with other members. To participate in the forum, we require you to register with a valid e–mail address. We recommend that you exercise discretion in posting personal information on these message boards. Any information you provide is accessible by other users. We also have many places where users can provide feedback and suggestions. It is optional to provide your personal information. These submissions are not confidential or proprietary, and we may publish this information in a way that does not identify you personally.
Some of our marketing emails have a "Refer–a–Friend" feature that provides you with the ability to automatically send information about Alignbooks Products and Services to your Friends. Your friend’s e–mail address will only be used for the one–time distribution of the information and will not be used for any other purpose.
We offer various Internet chat services. We encrypt our Internet chat sessions and retain a transcript of the session to help us resolve your current and potential future questions.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr. Samir Garg
502, Time House, 5 Commercial Complex
Wazirpur Industrial Area, Delhi - 110052 (India)
Phone: +91-91 98102 87051
If you have any questions about this Policy or other privacy concerns, you can also email us at email@example.com
Updates to this policy